Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Happy (late) New Year! The time really flies by when you're neglecting your blog, huh? As you may have noticed I've deleted almost all of my old posts. While perusing through said posts I realized just how far off my original course I had roamed. My initial plan when starting this little space was to show off my latest thrift store finds, promote my Etsy shop and connect with other vintage loving gals. So starting today I am getting this vintage train back on track and what better way to do it then with my first ever Thrifty Finds post. It's not much but it's a start. Enjoy!

 
This week has been extremely slow in the thrifting department as most of my favorite shops are closed due to snow. However, last week turned up some pretty great finds... including my new arc floor lamp. I scored this beauty for just $14!
The chrome lamps are more desirable than the gold ones but I think the shape and finish match perfectly with my Curtis Jere. Another thrifty purchase... and for only $10!
 
I actually found this piece a few weeks ago but have yet to hang it. We're waiting on a carpenter friend of ours to help so we don't damage the walls. You would be shocked at how easily our apartment walls mar. I'm convinced they're made of paper mache and chicken wire.
As for the rest of my vintage finds... I scored a great no smoking sign, covered Pyrex casserole dish and miscellaneous clothing items. Some of which will be listed in my shop soon. ;)

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous finds! I post my vintage finds on Wednesday too. That lamp is great. I passed one up last year and have been kicking myself ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog during OWOH! I've enjoyed looking around your blog. I have family in Johnson City and we were there for Thanksgiving. Glad I held onto my purse - you could've been in the 'hood! :-o
    Have fun with OWOH!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. What a fun blog! I laughed at the paper mache walls! Sounds like our house! And I really like the tree painting on the wall in the first photo.

    Thanks for visiting my blog for OWOH and good luck in my drawing!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful living room. Modern yet cozy!

    p.s. I have that same lamp!

    besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy very late new year :)
    Thank you for passing by and leaving your sweet comment! I hope you know that k come karolina is also on bloglovin, facebook and twitter :) so cu soon!!!
    oh! and there's a GIVE-AWAY on my blog! :)



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that lamp. x


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a necklace from pie n the sky if you'd like to check it out. :) x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow...what fantastic finds!

    Loving your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blog!
    please check mine out too :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. GASP* That piece is beautiful...love, love, love! How awesome that you found it...
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *-* I really loved your blog !
    i'm following !
    Follow me too ?
    Kisses *-*

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lamp is so fantastic! Have a great Monday, sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  12. seen exsklusif
    http://shuffledance.wanareja.com/#

    ReplyDelete